December 2016

Marcel de Nooijer appointed Executive Vice President Air France-KLM Cargo

Marcel de Nooijer has been appointed Executive Vice President Air France-KLM Cargo. He will join the Air France-KLM Group Executive Committee. Marcel de Nooijer, 48 years old, holds a Business Administration and Management degree from the Erasmus University (Rotterdam) and a Master of Science in Geology from the Utrecht University. He joined KLM in 1995 and has gained commercial and operational experience working in various positions at KLM, and its cargo ... [+]

AACargo Transports Rescue Dogs to New Homes for the Holidays

From Texas to the East Coast, dozens of dogs in need will be finding new homes this holiday season thanks to Society for Companion Animals, a Dallas-based non-profit, and the American Airlines Cargo team. Society for Companion Animals transported a record-breaking 61 dogs in two days, each rescued from streets ... [+]

APL Logistics and Control Risks Join Forces in Supply Chain Risk Management Partnership

Two of the world’s leading service providers, APL Logistics and Control Risks, have joined forces to provide a new online and consulting service designed to help international organizations manage their global supply chain risk exposure. By providing companies with a deeper, more comprehensive understanding of the risk landscape, businesses will ... [+]

JAXPORT now offers fastest, freshest grapefruit transit to Asia

JAXPORT now offers 30 day shipping service to Japan, the fastest, freshest transit time for grapefruit exports from the U.S. East Coast to Asia. A seasonal change in Mitsui O.S.K. Lines’ PA2 southbound service to the Asian market will serve grapefruit exporters through April 2017 as part of the ... [+]

Ports America and Sydney Harbour Investment Partners Agreement

Ports America and Sydney Harbour Investment Partners (SHIP) have announced an agreement for the promotion, development and management of Novaporte, the marine container facility in the Port of Sydney, Nova Scotia. SHIP has exclusive development rights to approximately 500 acres in the Port of Sydney and, with the support of Ports ... [+]

Traditional and project cargoes transit the St. Lawrence Seaway in November

“November was a good month for the export of agricultural products and shipments of aluminum ingots on the Great Lakes Seaway System,” said Betty Sutton, Administrator of the U.S. Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation. “Under the binational trade development program known as ‘Highway H2O’, the U.S. and Canadian Seaway ... [+]

DP WORLD Partners with CDPQ to Create $ 3.7B Investment Platform

DP World has announced the creation of an investment vehicle in partnership with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), one of North America’s largest pension fund managers. The investment platform totals US$ 3.7 billion, with DP World holding a 55% share and CDPQ the remaining 45%. The platform ... [+]

New Soo Lock could prevent a trillion-dollar headache

The decades-long effort to build a new lock connecting Lakes Superior and Huron at Sault Ste. Marie is getting renewed state attention. Advocates hope it will also be taken up by President-elect Donald Trump because of his infrastructure campaign pledge. But it will be at least another year before the ... [+]

POLB Sees November Volumes Lagging Behind Brisk 2015 Figures

Middle Harbor at the Port of Long Beach in April 2016. Shifting alliance routes and the Hanjin bankruptcy continued to affect Port of Long Beach volumes in November, when container traffic was 13.8% lower than the same month last year. A total of 534,308 TEUs were moved through the harbor last ... [+]

Port of Wilmington, Del., welcomes first Chilean fruit vessel for 2016-17 season

The Port of Wilmington, Delaware received its the first breakbulk shipment of Chilean winter fruit to the US on December 14 for the seventh consecutive season. The m/v Hellas Reefer, a specialized refrigerated vessel operated by Trans Global Shipping NV in the Global Reefers service, discharged over 992,100 boxes of ... [+]

[aas_zone zone_id="13529"]